Sonntag, 26. August 2012

Katzenjammer in-person

On Thursday I finally decided to collect the Norwegian folk-rock band Katzenjammer (www.katzenjammer.com) who were doing their forth show in my city within only 18 months. 

Katzenjammer are four charming Norwegian ladies (Marianne Sveen, Turid Jørgensen, Solveig Heilo and Anne Marit Bergheim), whose extremely playful approach to music comes off like a hot one night stand between Gogol Bordello and the Dixie Chicks. If you want to make it easy, they’re probably classifiable as folk-rock, but one thing is clear: their unpredictable live shows, full of wit and pop appeal, have endeared them to quite a following. Their special blend folk/country/balkan/gypsy/rickety-rock pop along with the impressive array of 29 (and counting) instruments on which the ladies are self-taught will blow you away. 

After their previous three arena shows Katzenjammer was to perform at an open-air stage in a huge park for the first time. I went to the park at around 1 p.m. and within 30 minutes I spotted Turid Jørgensen doing Yoga in the park near the stage. When she was done I approached her and she was happy to sign and inscribe my two 8x10" photos. However she didn't want to pose for a photo with me because she didn't have any make-up on. 
Since there was no security yet, I went to Katzenjammer's tour bus and shortly thereafter Marianne Sveen showed up and we talked for quite some time about her previous concerts in my city. She was also more than happy to sign my two photos and posed for a photo with me. When I asked her for Solveig Heilo she went backstage and came back with her a few moments later. Apparently Solveig just a shower, her hair and body was still all wet, but also Solveig was very pleased to sign my two photos and pose for a photo with me.
Anne Marit Bergheim was the last missing on my photos, but it wasn't long after I had met Solveig that Anne Marit came to the tour bus too and signed my photos as well. However, just like Turid, she didn't want to pose for a photo because she wasn't made up yet.






Katzenjammer - "Rock Paper Scissors" (live)


Katzenjammer - "A Bar In Amsterdam" (live)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen